Minecon Resources and Services Limited (MINECON) believes that the support and endorsement of its activities by the communities in which it operates is fundamental to the long-term success of its business. Mutual respect, active partnership and long term commitment to a workable relationship are the cornerstones of MINECON’s philosophy.
This will be achieved by:
- Community Interaction – interacting with community in a way that is, and is seen to be, accessible, transparent and responsive.
- Company Approach – demonstrably treating the community with sensitivity and respect in relation to its issues, views and suggestions.
- Mutual Trust and Respect – achieving a level of mutual trust and respect that leads to problem-solving and solutions which improve the overall project.
- Shared Recognition – achieving shared community recognition of MINECON’s best practice performance in project delivery.
- Management Systems – using innovative, people-focused management systems to achieve the above.
- Develop, implement and maintain management systems to identify, assess and manage impacts on the community at all stages of its operations as a fundamental part of its long-term strategy.
- Establish community consultation and communication processes to develop lasting and beneficially interactive community relationships built on mutual respect and trust so as to reach agreed objectives and shared involvement.
- Recognize that each community is different and will respect the culture, fundamental human rights, values and traditions of those communities in which it seeks to operate.
- Be open and honest in describing the impacts of any operational activities.
- Encourage and provide opportunities for communities to share in the benefits which flow from mining activities for example through employment, educational and health initiatives.
- Commit to sustainable development so that the social and economic benefits obtained by communities are safeguarded in the long-term.
- Ensure that its employees and business partners are informed about this policy and made aware of their community responsibilities in relation to all stages of the company’s activities and operations.
- Require all our strategic partners to comply with this policy.
- Comply with this policy as well as any applicable laws and regulations.
Monitor, continuously improve and publicly report our community relations performance and provide appropriate resources and training to meet the performance targets identified.